Delicious and easy Cheeseburger Gnocchi Skillet is bursting with flavor and is healthy, too!
Eating healthy food is important to me, but so is eating good food.
I don’t believe to live a healthy life means you have to give up the foods you love. That’s why I love this Easy Cheeseburger Gnocchi Skillet.
A few years ago I had gnocchi for the first time. OH. MY. GOODNESS. If you have never heard of it please don’t let that stop you from making this recipe. I have a sneaky suspicion you are going to love it!
Is gnocchi pasta or a potato?
Gnocchi is a “dumpling” made from potato, semolina, or flour and they are like little pillows of amazingness. Seriously, my entire family loves gnocchi and I know you are going to as well.
This Easy Cheeseburger Gnocchi Skillet is quick to prepare and is bursting with flavor. Dare I say it might even be better heated up as leftovers the next day… if you have any left!
If you’ve never bought gnocchi before you can buy it at most grocery stores, and even Target (that’s where I got mine). It is found near the pasta.
It’s not pasta, the kind I’m using for this recipe is made from potato, and it’s so easy to prepare.
You just put a little butter in the skillet, let it melt, then cook the gnocchi until it browns up! Then set it aside and prepare the rest of the meal and add it back in at the end to let it simmer and cook all the way through.
What I love about gnocchi is it is so versatile.
I’m already dreaming up new recipes so if you love this one be sure to comment below and rate the recipe!
I want to create recipes you enjoy, and your family loves and makes you feel like eating healthy isn’t a chore, but is much more satisfying than you thought it could/should be.
I want to help change the way people think about eating “healthy”. How do I help my family eat healthy without “dieting”?
- Incorporate foods we all love, in moderation.
- Nothing is off-limits. We eat all food groups.
- Discover ways to “lighten” up our favorite recipes by using more nutrient-dense foods.
This recipe gets rave reviews and I’m so glad everyone loves it as much as my family does!
Easy Cheeseburger Gnocchi Skillet
- 1 TBS butter
- 17.6 ounces potato gnocchi
- 1 pound 96/4 lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS Hamburger seasoning (I used McCormick Grill Mates seasoning)
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes until it turns golden brown on each side.
- Remove gnocchi from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and beef to skillet. Add salt and hamburger seasoning and cook until beef is no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
- Place beef mixture, diced tomatoes, beef broth and gnocchi in skillet and cook until it starts bubbling. Reduce heat to low-medium and cook until liquid is minimal.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and place a lid over skillet for 2 minutes to melt cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!