How to Curl Your Hair with a Curling Iron
A quick and easy tutorial on how to curl your hair with a curling iron in less than 10 minutes!
When I was growing up I always loved doing my hair.
By the time I was in 4th grade my Mom had taught me how to curl my hair on my own and I loved it.
It was the 90’s and getting the perfect “poof” for my bangs was a big deal 😉 So, I’ve always enjoyed doing my hair, but as I’ve gotten older, the time I can spend on my hair is significantly less. #momlife
Long hair is easier for me, in part because I wear it in a ponytail a lot, but also because when I curl it, I can usually go at least 2 days without having to wash it (thank you, Jesus, for dry shampoo!)
Today I’m going to show you how to curl your hair with a curling iron in 10 minutes ( or less!) You don’t have to spend hours on your hair for it to look good!
I don’t curl it every day, but most days of the week I do… even if all I am wearing that day is an old sweatshirt and leggings.
Things you DON’T need to get these curls…
- an expensive curling wand
- a flat iron
- tons of styling products
- an hour… because seriously, who has an hour?!?
The more time you spend working with your hair the easier it becomes and it won’t feel so difficult each time you try to fix it. I hope this video helps you. Listed below are the products I mention in the video about what I use to curl my hair.
- Hot Tools 1110 Curling Iron– In the video I said I use a 2″… I was wrong. Sorry! This is my exact curling iron and it is a 1 1/4″.
- Dove dry shampoo– I usually use the Volume & Fullness. In the video I showed Detox & Purify. I have been happy with both of them. Don’t think you have to buy the expensive dry shampoo… I’ve been disappointed with most of the expensive dry shampoos I’ve invested in and always go back to Dove.
- Rusk Working Spray– I use very little hair spray. I just don’t like a lot of product in my hair, but when I use it, this is the brand I use and it holds well.
- Teasing brush– This is the teasing brush I have to backcomb the top part of my hair when curling. It still looks brand new and I’ve had it for years.
- Collagen Peptides– I wrote a blog post on the benefits of collagen. Check it out here
Did you enjoy this video? If so, please share this post on Facebook or Pinterest! If you’d like to check out the makeup tutorial I did, click the image below!
Amy love your beauty posts! They compliment your health posts so well. It’s encouraging to see how other moms take care of themselves and how simple it can be, with great results!
Thank you so much, Melissa!
I’ve always loved your hair, Amy! Thanks for the tutorial; it looks super simple!
I am so glad you did this video!! I have been curious for a very long time how you curl your hair, lol! It always look gorgeous. Hope you’re having a great day. ♥️ Joanne
Thank you, Joanne!
Your hair is very pretty and I enjoyed your video. You mentioned you only use shampoo and conditioner and no products. What about a thermal protectant?
Thank you, Vickie. No, I don’t use a thermal protectant usually. I have one from Living Proof but I can’t honestly say I use it regularly. I probably should!
What temperature setting do you use?
I believe i have it set at 380
First of all thanks for the article about how can we make professional curling look for our hairs. I have short and thick hairs and your article and video help me how can we do with our hairs. in future i am going to buy new Remington curling iron i hope its make me batter look