When the need for a sweet treat comes on, these flourless peanut butter cookies will satisfy the craving! Not only are they super simple with only 5 pantry staple ingredients, they are yummy, too!
We all need a quick and easy cookie recipe that we can have on hand to whip up on a whim. And if you like peanut butter, I think these flourless peanut butter cookies are going to be your new favorite cookie.
The dough itself only calls for 4 ingredients, and sugar to sweeten the deal on top. Easy peasy lemon squeezy as my kids would say!
Are these cookies gluten free?
The amazing part of this recipe is that they are naturally gluten free! The 5 simple ingredients it calls for are likely staples in your pantry too, so no need to make a special trip to the store.
Ingredients for flourless peanut butter cookies
- Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Sugar or Coconut Sugar (optional to sprinkle on top)
How do you make flourless peanut butter cookies?
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla and an egg using a hand mixer.
- Roll dough into balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet. (PS- I always use unbleached parchment paper)
- Using a fork, make a criss cross pattern on each cookie then lightly sprinkle with sugar (coconut sugar or regular sugar).
- Bake and enjoy after they have cooled! See below for baking tips so you make a delicious soft cookie… because does anyone enjoy a hard peanut butter cookie??
Can you use natural peanut butter for this recipe?
I tried it with a natural peanut butter, and if I’m honest, it tastes better with Jif. You are welcome to give it a try, just note this recipe is written to use with Jif peanut butter.
Baking tips for flourless peanut butter cookies?
- Do not over bake these cookies. They will still be a bit soft after they are done cooking. They will be slightly darker in color and done around the edges and that is when you pull them out of the oven. Peanut butter cookies are much better when soft… trust me on this one.
- You MUST allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet. This is super important! This allows the cookies to finish cooking while cooling.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp sugar (optional-to sprinkle on top)
- Combine peanut butter, vanilla, dark brown sugar and egg using a hand mixer.
- Use a cookie scoop and then roll into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.Once all cookies are rolled use a fork to create criss-cross on each cookie and then lightly sprinkle cookies with sugar.
- Cook at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Do not over-bake these cookies! They will still be a bit soft when you pull them from the oven, that’s ok. Allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- I have tested this recipe with natural peanut butter and Jif, and they taste better and are less crumbly with Jif.