Turkey Taco Bowls with Cauliflower Rice
These turkey taco bowls with cauliflower rice make the perfect dinner, but they are also perfect for meal prep and can easily be prepped ahead of time! Totally customizable and satisfying, this recipe will be a go-to for convenience and flavor!
Tacos are a favorite in our house and one way we like to change it up is to make Turkey Taco Bowls with Cauliflower Rice. Using cauliflower rice adds an unexpected veggie that is as delicious as traditional rice in my opinion. Don’t like cauliflower rice? You can use any rice you prefer.
Ground turkey: This recipe calls for ground turkey but you could also use ground beef or ground chicken to mix it up.
Taco Seasoning: If you don’t have a favorite homemade taco seasoning recipe, Siete makes my favorite taco seasoning and I can usually find it at Sprouts or Target.
Corn: I always have a large bag of frozen corn on hand so it’s easy to use in recipes like this.
Black Beans: Incorporating black beans is a great way to add some protein and fiber! If you don’t like black beans you can swap out for pinto beans.
Riced Cauliflower: You can find riced cauliflower in the frozen section and it makes the Healthy Mexican Cauliflower Rice a breeze to make!
Grape Tomatoes: Adds a burst of flavor as a topping, you can also use salsa if that’s easier.
Avocado: Because what is Mexican food without avocado??
Oil: I always recommend an oil that is not inflammatory such as olive or avocado oil.
Spices: You’ll need cumin, garlic, cilantro, salt and garlic for the cauliflower rice.
Broth: You can use vegetable broth or chicken broth in the cauliflower rice. I like to use chicken bone broth for added health benefits. You can save 20% on Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth using this link or my affiliate code, BEAUTIFULLYBROKENJOURNEY. It is my favorite broth of the many I’ve tried.
Tomato Paste: This will be used in the cauliflower rice as well to add flavor.
What do you put in a taco bowl?
The best part about serving Turkey Taco Bowls is everyone gets to customize their meal. So, the options are endless and you can easily use things you already have on hand as well.
I would recommend picking a protein, carbohydrate, fat and a vegetable for your bowl. The list below provides some options. Incorporating all of them will help you stay satisfied for longer.
- Protein: Ground turkey, ground beef, Beans
- Carbohydrate: Rice (if you don’t use cauliflower rice), corn, tortilla chips
- Fat: Avocado, Sour Cream, Cheese
- Vegetables: Cauliflower rice, Lettuce, Grape Tomatoes, Sweet Potatoes
- Optional Toppings: tortilla chips, cilantro, salsa, fresh lime juice
How do you make skillet corn?
I added skillet corn to this recipe and it’s super simple to make. You simply add oil into your skillet and allow to get hot. Then add in the corn and stir until it’s starts to brown just a bit. SO simple. So yum.
Can you prepare this ahead of time?
This recipe is perfect for meal prep. I highly recommend making the recipe as it’s written and using the leftovers for lunches. You can prepare all the ingredients and store in glass air-tight containers. They will stay good in the fridge for 3-4 days. Simply reheat when ready to eat!
- Brown ground turkey.
- Prepare healthy Mexican cauliflower rice.
- Cook black beans.
- Prepare skillet corn.
- I wouldn’t recommend cutting up the avocados until you are ready to eat them.
Turkey Taco Bowls with Cauliflower Rice
- 2 lb 93/7 ground turkey
- 4 TBS Taco Seasoning
- 30 ounces canned black beans,
- 2 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 avocados
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn
Healthy Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Heat skillet over medium heat and cook ground turkey. Add taco seasoning and cook until done. You may need to add ¼-½ cup of water depending on preference.
- While ground turkey is cooking, heat another small skillet with olive oil and add corn. Stir until corn is cooked and slightly browned.
- In a large skillet prepare Healthy Mexican Cauliflower Rice recipe.
- Heat black beans on stove top in a saucepan on low.
- Evenly divide ingredients into 10 servings.
Photography Credit : Gourmet Creations Photography
These look super tasty and healthy. What a great meal prep option for the week!
Thanks Jenni! It’s perfect for meal prep!
Making this weekend! Looks yummy.
Hope you love it, Ashley!
This looks delicious.
This was really great! Thanks for sharing. I’ve already sent it to two people!
I’m so glad you liked it, Eryka! Thanks for sharing!