I’m one of those people who loves breakfast. I love breakfast even more when I know I have a breakfast casserole on the menu! With only 5 ingredients, this comforting and delicious sausage breakfast casserole with crescent rolls will be ready to go in no time!
Breakfast casserole is such versatile recipe because you can serve it anytime!
It’s great served at:
- brunch gathering such as a baby or wedding shower
- breakfast potluck
As far as simplicity goes, it doesn’t get much easier than this recipe either. I started this blog to help people put delicious food on their table without making recipes overcomplicated.
Breakfast Casserole with crescent rolls has 5 simple ingredients
- Crescent Dough Sheet
My 8 year old had a few friends sleep over for his birthday this fall and I decided to make this recipe for the boys in the morning. I was a little nervous because you never know what other kids like, and I wanted them to have a good breakfast to start their day.
I whipped this up while they were having an epic Nerf gun battle in the basement and when they were ready for breakfast I served this breakfast casserole with crescent rolls and a side of fruit.
One of the boys here has been a good friend for years and I knew he was a picky eater. He ate it all and his Mom texted me after he went home and said that I’d made a delicious breakfast! Mom win!
Can I prepare this breakfast casserole ahead of time?
Because of the crescent rolls I think it is best to prepare this casserole right before cooking it. If you want to save some time you can easily brown the sausage the day before and store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container and your casserole can be prepared in just minutes.
What kind of dish should I prepare a breakfast casserole in?
I usually make my breakfast casseroles in a ceramic baking dish. It doesn’t seem to burn as easily.
What nicer thing can you do for somebody than make them breakfast?Anthony Bourdain
If you enjoy this recipe I’d love for you to pin it on Pinterest here!
Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 sheet Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 8 oz
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray your pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown 1/2 pound of ground sausage.
- Once sausage is fully cooked, transfer to a bowl lined with a paper towel to soak up the grease. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with the crescent roll sheet.
- Add sausage on top of the dough, followed by half the shredded cheese.
- Pour eggs and milk mixture on top of the cheese and then sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes.
- Crust should be slightly browned and eggs should be fully cooked in the center.