Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus
Eating more vegetables doesn’t need to be complicated. In fact, when I overcomplicate it I usually don’t like it as much anyways! This easy oven roasted asparagus is as easy as it gets, and can be made very quickly.
What are the benefits of eating asparagus?
Asparagus is not only yummy, it is loaded with good nutrition! Asparagus has
- Vitamins A,C & K
The fiber is excellent for digestion, but you don’t want to eat too much as it could cause some bloating or gas. So, like with all foods, it’s best to eat in moderation but know that you are getting some wonderful health benefits by putting it on your plate!
How do you store fresh asparagus?
The best way to store fresh asparagus is in the refrigerator. Fill a cup with about 2″ of water and then put the asparagus, stem side down, in the cup.
Make sure all the ends are sitting in the water and cover it loosely with a plastic bag. This will keep it fresh for 3-5 days.
When should I buy asparagus?
Asparagus is in season from February to June so you have lots of time to enjoy this delicious vegetable, and also get it at a more reasonable price at the store!
- I like simple recipes and this is as simple as it gets! All you need is olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Use a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil and lay the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus and then use a basting brush to cover asparagus with oil.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper. I am not putting an amount because everyone has a different preference. Just lightly sprinkle… or more if that makes you happy 🙂
Asparagus is a great side dish for so many different entrees such as:
- Baked Chicken
- Anything on the grill!
- BBQ Meatballs
What do you like to pair asparagus with?
Easy Oven Roasted AsparagusPrint Recipe
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 TBS olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Wash asparagus and cut off woody ends.
- Place asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil in a single layer.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus and use a basting brush to cover entirely.
- Season with salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes