SHOW NOTES: Episode 26
Today, I have Suzy Wood with me to talk about stress and wellness from the lens of someone who has gone through a divorce.
Suzy Wood is an integrative nutrition health coach and owner of true wellness within where she works with women to get control of their lives and their health after divorce. Her clients achieve their goals by addressing both food and lifestyle choices.
On today’s episode, Suzy talks about how she became a health coach that specializes in women who have been divorced, how divorce is the number two most stressful event anyone can go through besides the death of a spouse, and how stress can have a huge impact on our bodies. We talk about how different foods can interfere with the hormones in our bodies, the importance of making lifestyle changes that can reduce stress, and why we need accountability when we make these lifestyle changes. We also talk about how wellness isn’t one size fits all and doesn’t look the same for everybody, how healing comes from the inside out, and we offer some encouragement for anybody who might be in this season of life.
It is so important to make your health a priority because when we take care of ourselves, we can better take care of others. Taking care of your body and your mind is a gift and you have to commit to your wellness journey to truly love your body well.
This conversation with Suzy is so empowering and I hope it is an encouragement to those women who may have experienced divorce in one way or another.
Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- How divorce is the number two most stressful event anyone can go through besides the death of a spouse
- How stress can have a huge impact on our bodies
- How different foods can interfere with the hormones in our bodies
- The importance of making lifestyle changes that can reduce stress
- Why do we need accountability when we make lifestyle changes
- How wellness isn’t one size fits all and doesn’t look the same for everybody
- How healing comes from the inside out
- Encouragement for anybody who might be in the season of divorce
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Suzy on Instagram @Truewellnesswithin, on Facebook or LinkedIn. Join the Divorce Detox Facebook Group, visit her website TrueWellnessWithin.com, and take her free quiz “Has Your Body Healed from the Stress of Divorce?”
- Save 15% on Aloha Bars using this link.
- Just Ingredients Strawberries and Cream protein powder: Use this link with code AMY10 for 10% off!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey and heal your body and mind with self love and compassion.This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.