3 Unpopular Beliefs About Important Conversations with Sharon Costanzo
SHOW NOTES: Episode 31
Are you wanting to improve your communication in your marriage?
Joining me today is Sharon Costanzo, a relationship and communication coach specializing in helping women improve the communication in their marriages so they can work through challenges and feel more confident in tough conversations. She is the creator of Respected and Connected workbook and host of the Keep Talking Revolution podcast.
On today’s episode, we chat about how Sharon became a relationship and communication coach, the importance of communication in a relationship, and understanding that marriage is hard work. We talk about how everyone communicates differently, understanding that even with two different points of view, both can be valid. One of the skills of healthy communication is being able to accept the fact that you’re not going to always agree. We chat about why it is important to ask ourselves what we want from our relationship, why we should be intentional in continuing to get to know our spouse because we are always growing and changing, and the importance of being open to change because life happens and circumstances may require you to change your ways.
Sharon shares three unpopular beliefs about important communication which include:
- There is no right time to bring something up.
- There is no right way to bring it up.
- There is no right person or wrong person in an important conversation.
We talk about some ways couples can navigate through recurrent issues that come up, why it is important to be honest about your feelings, and how self care is really important for ourselves because our kids will see that and become more resilient and responsible as they get older.
Give yourself a lot of grace in all of your relationships and know that when we work on the relationships with the people that we love, not only does the relationship benefit, but it benefits you as well. I know that I’m a much happier person when my relationships are healthy and strong and we’re communicating well.
This conversation with Sharon was so insightful. I hope we encouraged you today to focus a little bit more on not only your relationship, but also yourself.
Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- The importance of communication in a relationship
- Understanding that marriage is hard work.
- How everyone communicates differently
- Understanding that even with two different points of view, both can be valid
- One of the skills of healthy communication is being able to accept the fact that you’re not going to always agree
- Why it is important to ask ourselves what we want from our relationship
- Why we should be intentional in continuing to get to know our spouse because we are always growing and changing
- The importance of being open to change because life happens and circumstances may require you to change your ways
- Three unpopular beliefs about important communication
- Some ways couples can navigate through recurrent issues that come up
- Why it is important to be honest about your feelings
- How self care is really important for ourselves because our kids will see that and become more resilient and responsible as they get older.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Sharon on Instagram @keeptalkingrevolution, on Facebook Keep Talking Revolution, on her website keeptalkingrevolution.com, and check out her free guide to hard conversations HERE
- Get the Love Your Body Well The Reset E-Book for $5 HERE!
- Use this link and code LYBW10 for 10% off of your order from RiseWell!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey, and heal your body and mind with self-love and compassion. This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
Join my email list and connect with me on my blog at www.loveyourbodywell.net and Instagram @loveyourbodywell.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.
This was such a great conversation. Thank you for having me.
Thanks so much for being a guest!