Why the thyroid is so important with Lindsay O’Reilly, RD
SHOW NOTES: Episode 3
I am so excited to share today’s guest with you. I have worked with Lindsay O’Reilly for almost 3 years now and she has been a huge part of my wellness journey.
Lindsay is an integrative and functional dietician that specializes in thyroid disorders. She has been a dietician for the last 18 years and has had a virtual practice for the last 4. Lindsay’s own health struggles and a diagnosis of hypothyroidism fueled her passion to help others dealing with similar issues. She utilizes functional testing and personalized nutrition with clients to get to the root cause of the problem and decrease symptoms faster.
Today, I share my personal story with how I got connected with Lindsay and then we dive in to all things thyroid. Lindsay breaks down the functions of the thyroid, signs and symptoms of thyroid dysfunction, Hashimoto’s vs. hypothyroidism. We also talk about lifestyle changes that can help with thyroid function, the testing that Lindsay recommends for thyroid (TSH, T4, T3, free levels of T4 and T3, TPO and TG [antibodies], reverse T3). We also talk about how Lindsay can help you!
This episode is full of helpful information that can help you if you currently have thyroid dysfunction or want to know more about it and I’m so happy to have had Lindsay on today’s episode.
Thanks for listening! I’d love to connect more on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Functions of the thyroid
- Signs and symptoms of thyroid dysfunction
- Hashimoto’s vs. hypothyroidism
- Lifestyle changes that can help with thyroid function
- Testing that Lindsay recommends for thyroid (TSH, T4, T3, free levels of T4 and T3, TPO and TG [antibodies], reverse T3)
- How Lindsay can help you
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Lindsay on Instagram or her website!
- Lab Testing: Paloma Health or Ulta Labs
- Check out episode 1 to hear more about my story.
- Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Get your free turkey with my affiliate code from Butcherbox here.
- Are you ready to try a toxic-free toothpaste that is backed by science and feared by cavities? Try Risewell using my affiliate link here using code BBJ10.
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey and heal your body and mind with self love and compassion.This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
Join my email list here and connect with me on my blog at www.loveyourbodywell.net and Instagram @loveyourbodywell.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.