SHOW NOTES: Episode 33
Can self-awareness, personal responsibility, and boundaries truly transform your relationships?
Today, I am joined by Natalia Hernandez to talk about how relationships can affect your health in both good and bad ways. Natalia is a certified Enneagram and relationship coach helping individuals and couples heal, mend, or end their relationships.
On today’s episode, Natalia shares how she realized why all of her past relationships had failed, how she became an Enneagram and relationship coach, and how relationships all boil down to communication. We talk about the importance of having self-awareness, realizing that in any relationship you will have arguments, and understanding when you have arguments the best way to express your feelings is to recognize what those feelings are and know that they aren’t going to last forever. Natalia shares how there are 3 levels to relationships she calls the relationship trifecta which include self-awareness, personal responsibility and decisions. We talk about how someone who is self-aware can show up differently in their relationships, understanding the other person is also having the same argument but they may be processing and experiencing it differently, and recognizing that we are going to change as we grow older.
Natalia also shares more about learning how to set boundaries for ourselves when our relationships start to drift apart, how some relationships can heal but sometimes relationships need to end for your own mental health, and how closure within a relationship is only going to work if you find peace and calm within yourself. We also talk about why it is important to realize not all relationships are forever, how relationships have an impact on us physically, emotionally, and mentally, and how healing yourself can lead to stronger, healthier relationships. Natalia and I also touch on how understanding your personality type can be a game-changer in building healthy relationships.
Health does not only have to be about the number on the scale, how much we’re moving our bodies, or the food that’s on our plate. Our relationships play a huge role in our health and knowing that none of us are perfect and none of our relationships are perfect is very important.
This was a really encouraging conversation with Natalia. Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- How relationships affect your health
- How relationships all boil down to communication
- The importance of having self-awareness
- Realizing that in any relationship you will have arguments
- Understanding when you have arguments the best way to express your feelings is to recognize what those feelings are
- How there are 3 levels to relationships she calls the relationship trifecta which include self awareness, personal responsibility and decisions
- How someone who is self-aware can show up differently in their relationships
- Understanding the other person is also having the same argument but they may be processing and experiencing it differently
- Recognizing that we are going to change as we grow older
- Learning how to set boundaries for ourselves when our relationships start to drift apart
- How some relationships can heal but sometimes relationships need to end for your own mental health
- How closure within a relationship is only going to work if you find peace and calm within yourself
- Why it is important to realize not all relationships are forever
- How relationships have an impact on us physically, emotionally, and mentally
- How healing yourself can lead to stronger, healthier relationships
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Natalia on Instagram @nataliahernandezcoaching, on her website nataliahernandezcoaching.com, and be sure to grab her free guides How to Let Go and Move On, and Communicate Better & Argue Less
- Get the Love Your Body Well The Reset E-Book for $5 HERE!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey, and heal your body and mind with self-love and compassion. This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.