SHOW NOTES: Episode 21
Did you know that you have the power to regulate your nervous system?
Today, I am joined by Dr. Anais Strickling and we are talking all about nervous system regulation, mindset, meditation, and mindfulness. Dr. Strickling is a Doctor of Physical Therapy and a mindset and living meditation coach with a mission to demystify meditation and support women in implementing and living a daily practice of managing their minds, self regulating their emotions, and creating a life rooted in love.
On today’s episode, Dr. Strickling starts the conversation on regulating the nervous system by defining what stress is, explaining how the stress response comes from the way we’re perceiving a particular circumstance, and how the goal is not to be stress free but to become stress resilient.
We talk about what the nervous system is, the difference between a sympathetic and a parasympathetic nervous system, and why it is important to understand the nervous system to know why our bodies respond the way that they do in certain situations. Dr. Strickling and I chat about how to become resilient to stress in regards to your nervous system by practicing meditation and mindfulness, learning to pay attention to our thoughts and realizing our nervous system is trying to keep us safe.
We talk about how to rewire your subconscious by practicing intention and compassion for yourself everyday and learning to shift your state of mind very quickly when something triggers your subconscious. Dr. Strickling talks about mindfulness and the three different realms where your mind gets stuck including the way you use language, your imagination and your relationship to your emotions. We also talk about self awareness, how to use breathing techniques to trick your nervous system into thinking you are calm and writing down your thoughts to help see them objectively and be able to distance yourself from thoughts that are creating anxiety.
This conversation with Dr. Strickling is so good. I believe it will help people understand that the power to regulate your nervous system lies within themselves and it is all part of loving your body well.
Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- The definition of stress
- How the stress response comes from the way we’re perceiving a particular circumstance
- How the goal is not to be stress free but to become stress resilient
- What the nervous system is
- The difference between a sympathetic and a parasympathetic nervous system
- Why it is important to understand the nervous system
- How to become resilient to stress in regards to your nervous system
- Practicing meditation and mindfulness
- Realizing our nervous system is trying to keep us safe
- How to rewire your subconscious by practicing intention and compassion for yourself everyday
- Learning to shift your state of mind very quickly when something triggers your subconscious
- Three different realms where your mind gets stuck including language, imagination and relationship to your emotions.
- Self awareness
- How to use breathing techniques to trick your nervous system into thinking you are calm
- Writing down your thoughts to help see them objectively and be able to distance yourself from thoughts that are creating anxiety
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Dr. Strickling on Instagram @astrickling1 and join her Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/inneralchemyacademy
- Dr. Strickling’s I AM Centering Meditation
- Heart’s Path Coaching with Dr. Anais Strickling
- Sunlighten™ Infrared Saunas — You can save up to $600 by mentioning Love Your Body Well and as a special offer for my Kansas City friends, you can try out Sunlighten™ Day Spa and get 5 sessions at $95 by mentioning me!
- Just Ingredients Dry Shampoo – Save 10% using Code Amy10
- Redmond Real Salt – Use Code AMY for 15% off!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey and heal your body and mind with self love and compassion.This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.