SHOW NOTES: Episode 16
Wellness is a “get to” not a “have to”. Today, I am joined by Michelle Phillips, also known as Coach Sparkles. We are talking about this concept and we also share some of our own struggles about how we overcame diet drama and learn to lean into this season of loving our bodies. Michelle is a retired health and fitness professional on her own journey to feeling amazing and she’s passionate about modeling how to be the change in appreciating your body even when it’s hard.
On today’s episode, Michelle shares a little bit about her own health journey and what led her to leave diet culture behind and about the impact diet culture has had and still has on our minds many years later. We talk about how we are in control of flipping that mindset and learning how you can take care of your body in a different way by changing one habit at a time, and about finding the happy spot between diet culture, anti-diet culture and living out a genuinely healthy life.
We chat about how making the choice to change is the hardest part because it is going to take time to figure out what works for you and your own journey and still choosing to love your body every step of the way. Michelle and I chat more about how your weight is just another tool and indicator about your health regardless of what the scale says, and how the goal of our health journey is to feel better everyday. We even talk about being a model for the next generation and teaching them that expectation is somebody else’s opinion and what matters is what they feel about themselves.
I loved this conversation with Michelle because we are just two women having a conversation about bodies and wellness and change and loving ourselves through it all. I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I did! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- How wellness is a “get to” not a “have to”
- Leaving diet culture behind
- The impact diet culture has had and still has on our minds
- We are in control of flipping the diet culture mindset
- Learning to take care of your body one habit at a time
- Finding the happy spot between diet culture and anti-diet culture
- Making the choice to change is the hardest part in our health journey
- Choosing to love your body every step of the way
- Weight is just another tool and indicator about your health
- The goal of your health journey is to feel better everyday
- Being a model for the next generation
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Michelle on her Instagram: @theeldermillenialmom_ and on TikTok: @theeldermillennialmom
- Sunlighten™ Infrared Saunas — You can save up to $600 by mentioning Love Your Body Well and as a special offer for my Kansas City friends, you can try out Sunlighten™ Day Spa and get 5 sessions at $95 by mentioning me!
- Just Ingredients Dry Shampoo- Code LOVE10 saves 10%
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey and heal your body and mind with self love and compassion.This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.