SHOW NOTES: Episode 52
We are diving into the topic of orthorexia, an unhealthy obsession with healthy eating and I have Sabrina Magnan to share more about that.
We talk more about the societal pressure and influence of social media that contribute to this mindset. We also chat through the emotional aspects of food and how it can affect our relationship with our bodies.
Sabrina shares the importance of addressing the underlying fears and beliefs that drive restrictive mindsets, and the significance of self-awareness in overcoming this obsession.
It’s crucial to understand that there’s a fine line between healthy habits and an unhealthy obsession with clean eating.
The key lies in recognizing the emotions and intentions behind our food choices. If breaking food rules causes anxiety and stress, or if guilt or punishment drives our intentions, these could be signs of an unhealthy obsession.
We talk a little about navigating dietary restrictions due to medical conditions and how that can at times feel restrictive but it’s about the intention behind it. Sabrina gives practical advice for those who are struggling in tis area.
Sabrina emphasized the importance of listening to your body and understanding its signals. It’s about tuning into our intentions and feelings, and making choices that align with what truly feels good for us individually. She provided tips and strategies for making healthier choices without falling into unhealthy obsessions or restrictive thinking.
We both stress the importance of seeking help if you need. You don’t have to face this battle alone. I hope this conversation about orthorexia helped you to not feel alone in this and that you can heal.
Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Orthorexia, an unhealthy obsession with being healthy
- The fine line between healthy habits and unhealthy obsession with clean eating
- Importance of recognizing emotions and intentions behind food choices
- Factors contributing to the rise of orthorexia
- Navigating dietary restrictions due to medical conditions for those with a history of disordered eating
- Addressing underlying fears and beliefs that drive food rules and restrictive mindsets
- Importance of listening to your body and understanding its signals
- Tips and strategies for making healthier choices without falling into unhealthy obsessions or restrictive thinking
- Importance of seeking help and support
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Sabrina on Instagram: @sabrina.magnan.health and get on the waitlist for the Food Freedom Academy!
- Primally Pure — Use Code BBJ when you order from Primally Pure using this link!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey, and heal your body and mind with self-love and compassion. This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.