SHOW NOTES: Episode 29
Are you treating your body kindly? Today, I am joined by Kate Muesing, a Christian health coach, to chat about how we can reframe healthy behaviors into something that serves our body. Kate loves helping women connect their faith and their health to create a lifestyle of health that’s sustainable, attainable and wise.
On today’s episode, we start off the conversation with Kate sharing her story of how she started health coaching and helping people with their wellness journey’s. She shares why she decided to leave diet culture behind and lean more into her body’s intuition. Kate and I chat about how health is not about what diet culture tells us.
We talk about the core things that our bodies intuitively know that are important:
- Moving our bodies
- Eating more vegetables
- Getting more sleep
- Drinking more water
We talk about how habits don’t start until we acknowledge that diet culture has made health seem more complicated than it is and the importance of being kind to yourself because if you are unsatisfied with your body at a bigger size, you aren’t going to be satisfied when it is smaller.
Kate shares five health habits that somebody can add to their day:
- A Jesus Habit – foundation of everything
- Focusing on nutrition
- Moving our bodies
- Drinking more water
- Getting enough sleep
We also talk about why it is important to celebrate the little things and why you should learn to celebrate in ways that don’t involve food. When we take care of ourselves, we can turn around and take better care of our families and those that we love.
Kate talks about not underestimating the power of small habits because those habits add up to significant impacts in our health. Habits should be sustainable and attainable because it is something you should be able to do for the rest of your life. We even talk about why cheat meals aren’t the best because you deserve to eat all kinds of food and you don’t need to earn certain foods.
When you can tune into that loving, nourishing relationship with yourself, things can blossom. The behaviors and the habits that we do on a daily basis are what give us our overall health and how we feel in our bodies and in our minds. We are chasing joy and freedom in our health and learning how to love our bodies well.
I really appreciated this conversation with Kate and I hope you do too! Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- How health is not about what diet culture tells us
- How we know intuitively how to be healthy by moving our bodies, eating more vegetables, getting more sleep, and drinking more water
- How habits don’t start until we acknowledge that diet culture has made health seem more complicated than it is
- The importance of being kind to yourself because if you are unsatisfied with your body at a bigger size, you aren’t going to be satisfied when it is smaller
- Five health habits that somebody can add to their day
- Why it is important to celebrate the little things
- Why you should learn to celebrate in ways that don’t involve food
- Realizing that when we take care of ourselves, we can turn around and take better care of our families and those that we love.
- Not underestimating the power of small habits because those habits add up to significant impacts in our health
- Why habits should be sustainable and attainable because it is something you should be able to do for the rest of your life
- Why cheat meals aren’t the best because you deserve to eat all kinds of food and you don’t need to earn certain foods.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Kate on Instagram @yourchristianhealthcoach to learn more about the coaching programs she offers, join her free Facebook community, sign up for her self-paced The Victory Method Course, her Private Health Coaching, and join The Victory Collective
- Check out episode 9 where Vanda Aubrey talks about why sleep is so important to our health
- Use this link and code LYBW10 for 10% off of your order from RiseWell!
- Get the Love Your Body Well The Reset E-Book for $5 HERE!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey, and heal your body and mind with self-love and compassion. This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.