SHOW NOTES: Episode 5
Have you ever tried breath work or guided meditation? Today I am joined by Andrea Arlotti. Andrea is a mind body integrative practitioner and trauma specialist. Her focus is on calming and balancing the nervous system after long term stress and trauma by guiding her clients to integrate and reconnect their brains, bodies, and minds for healing.
On today’s episode we are talking a lot about our nervous system and dysregulation, what happens to our bodies when we are in that dysregulated situation for a long period of time, the things we can do to help ourselves when we aren’t regulated, and the importance of sleep and taking time for ourselves. We chat about how things change with each season of life that we go through and that’s ok. Andrea even walks us through the different types of breathwork we can use to help ourselves and guides us through a guided mediation.
If you have been feeling dysregulated or want to know more about what you can do when you are feeling this way, tune in to today’s episode and remember, you are not alone in this.
If you are wanting more help in this area and you are in the Kansas City area or in California, Andrea offers 1:1 Mind Body Integrative appointments. She also has a yoga studio for those local in Kansas City. If you are not local, Andrea has created a PDF file that is part of her 22 day program. Check out those links below!
Thank you so much for tuning in! It means so much to me that you take the time to listen to my podcast each week. I’d love to connect more on Instagram @loveyourbodywell. Send me a DM and let me know what you thought about today’s episode. Talk with you there!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- The nervous system and dysregulation
- What happens to our bodies when we are in that dysregulated situation for a long period of time
- The things we can do to help ourselves when we aren’t regulated
- The importance of sleep and taking time for ourselves
- How things change with each season of lie we go through
- Guided meditation
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Andrea on Instagram @andreaarlottihealing and @infinitepossibilitiesheal or her website! Check out more information about her yoga studio in Kansas City, her 1:1 appointments, or her 22 day program.
- Check out Just Ingredients products and use code Amy10 for 10% off!
- Check out episode 2 to hear more about creating healthy habits.
- Learn more about guided meditation in this blog post
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey and heal your body and mind with self love and compassion.This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.