How Stress Impacts Your Thyroid with Lindsay O’Reilly, RD
SHOW NOTES: Episode 20
Today, I am so excited to welcome back Lindsay O’Reilly to talk about how stress impacts the thyroid. Lindsay is an integrative and functional dietitian that specializes in thyroid disorders. She has been a dietitian for the last 18 years and has had a virtual practice for the last 4 years. Lindsay’s own health struggles and a diagnosis of hypothyroidism fueled her passion to help others dealing with similar issues. She utilizes functional testing and personalized nutrition with clients to get to the root cause of the problem and decrease symptoms faster.
On today’s episode Lindsay dives into how stress can impact the thyroid organ multiple different ways, how our bodies don’t know the difference in those stressors, and how stress can look very different for each individual person. We talk about a few areas that can cause stress including excessive exercise, not getting enough sleep, and environmental stressors. Lindsay shares some tips for managing stress and nervous system regulation which include taking inventory of what your stresses are and how they affect your body, journaling and meditation. We chat about resting your mind from things like social media, and taking baby steps to change some of the stressors because it won’t happen overnight and realizing that it is a process and a journey that will take time.
The process of figuring out your body is not instant gratification. It is work that is always worthy of doing because you get to tune into your body and treat it in a loving way so you can live the life that you want to.
Thank you for tuning in! I hope you enjoy this conversation with Lindsay as much as I did. I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- How the stress can impact the thyroid
- How our bodies don’t know the difference between stressors
- How stress can look different for each individual person
- A few areas that can cause stress
- Tips for managing stress and nervous system regulation
- Resting your mind from things like social media
- Taking baby steps to change some of the stressors
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Lindsay on Instagram @thyroidnutrition.rd and on her website www.lindsayoreillyrd.com where you can find more information on working with her one-on-one, her 3 month functional nutrition programs, and Dutch testing.
- Lindsay’s free guide to thyroid testing!
- If you haven’t listened to episode 3 with Lindsay, check it out.
- Dime Perfume – Use Code AmyR20 for 20% off!
- Redmond Real Salt – Use Code AMY for 15% off!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey and heal your body and mind with self love and compassion.This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
Join my email list and connect with me on my blog at www.loveyourbodywell.net and Instagram @loveyourbodywell.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.