SHOW NOTES: Episode 24
Do you struggle with low libido?
Today, I am joined by Dr. Heather Rhodes to help normalize having a low libido. Dr. Rhodes is a pharmacist turned holistic health practitioner who runs a practice teaching women how to balance their hormones with ease. She’s here to help you recognize that as a woman, you have superpowers and a body that’s working well only amplifies the impact you’re made for.
On today’s episode, Dr. Rhodes begins the conversation by explaining libido isn’t always about pleasure. She says a strong libido can be reflected not only in your marriage, but also in intimacy at all levels including the relationships with your children, being more creative in your career, and being inspired in other areas of our daily lives. We chat about libido and how it works, how libido starts in the brain and is intertwined with all of the female hormones, and how your body thinks libido is optional.
We talk about how there is a root cause to low libido, how there is a way to make things better by understanding the root cause, and how the world tells us it is always external factors that need fixed but it is actually internal factors that we are in control of.
Dr. Rhodes dives into some root causes as to why libido can be low including the body not feeling safe based on several different factors, a slow metabolism, and estrogen dominance.
We talk about how stress in many forms can play a big role in having a low libido, the impact of being estrogen dominant and not having enough progesterone in our bodies, and the importance of working with the system your body already has to keep our hormones balanced.
We chat about some things that someone can do in order to heal themselves and increase their libido including:
1. Cycle syncing
2. Making sure you are eating enough to stabilize your blood sugar
3. Moving your body to stimulate your metabolism
4. Look at your schedule and pay attention to where your brain is getting a dopamine hit from other sources
5. Journaling through your journey
This conversation with Dr. Rhodes is really important. We were designed to have intimate relationships with our partners and it is a journey and a process to heal and increase your libido.
I am so thankful we’ve shown how the libido bleeds into all aspects of our life and learning to make it a priority is truly loving your body well.
Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Libido isn’t always about pleasure and is shown in intimacy at all levels including the relationships with your children, being more creative in your career, and being inspired in other areas of our daily lives
- How libido works
- How libido starts in the brain and is intertwined with all of the female hormones
- How your body thinks libido is optional
- How there is a root cause to low libido
- How the world tells us it is always external factors that need fixed but it is actually internal factors that we are in control of when it comes to libido
- How stress in many forms can play a big role in having a low libido
- The impact of being estrogen dominant and not having enough progesterone in our bodies
- The importance of working with the system your body already has to keep our hormones balanced
- Things that someone can do in order to heal themselves and increase their libido
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Dr. Rhodes on her Instagram: @drheatherrhodes and on her website www.drheatherrhodes.com where you can find resources regarding libido and learn more about the Total Hormonal Reset program.
- Save 15% on Aloha Bars using this link.
- Just Ingredients Strawberries and Cream protein powder: Use this link with code AMY10 for 10% off!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey and heal your body and mind with self love and compassion.This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.