SHOW NOTES: Episode 37
Have you thought about rewiring your thoughts in order to step into true wellness?
On today’s episode, I am joined by Dr. Kara Wada, a board certified adult and pediatric allergy immunology and lifestyle medicine physician. She focuses on the unique challenges of those struggling with misbehaving immune systems, while working to break down barriers and build bridges, and build bridges and our very siloed medical system provision is to bring an end to medical gaslighting.
On today’s episode, Kara shares her story of how she became a pediatrician, how she was diagnosed with the autoimmune condition Sjogren’s Syndrome, and how she started helping others become immune confident. Dr. Kara shares how she had to “unlearn” what she may have been taught about health in some aspects. She also shares why we need to look at the needs of each person individually and not have cookie cutter solutions and how you can break the cycle of epigenetics by rewiring the path you go down in your life and realizing your genes are not your destiny. We talk about some steps that someone can take to start rewiring their brain to potentially change their outcome, why you should open yourself up to the possibility of change, and why you should allow yourself the opportunity to be curious about what your life could look like.
It’s a daily process to recognize and respond to what thoughts need rewired, and even after the rewiring, there is still healing that needs to be done. Continuing to lean in and learn how we can support our bodies with compassion is loving our bodies well.
This was a great conversation with Dr. Kara and I hope it is as impactful for you as it was for me.
Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
Key Takeaways with Timestamps:
- 0:09 – Rewiring Your Brain for True Wellness
- 12:11 – The Importance of Mindset and Rewiring
- 25:50 – Meal Planning and Healthy Habits
- 33:02 – Navigating Eating Disorders and Self-Compassion
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Rewiring your thoughts to step into true wellness
- Becoming immune confident
- How we need to unlearn what we’ve been taught about health all of our lives in order to step into real wellness
- Why we need to look at the needs of each person individually and not have cookie cutter solutions to health problems
- How you can break the cycle of epigenetics by rewiring the path you go down in your life and realizing your genes are not your destiny
- Some steps that someone can take to start rewiring their brain to potentially change their outcome
- Why you should open yourself up to the possibility of change
- Why you should allow yourself the opportunity to be curious about what your life could look like
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Kara on her Instagram @crunchyallergist, her YouTube Channel, her website www.drkarawada.com where you can find more information on her Becoming Immune Confident Program, and check out her free Master Class: Why Boosting Your Immune System Isn’t the Answer: 5 Practical Strategies for Better Immune Health
- Check out the book Atomic Habits by James Clear HERE
- Save 20% on Beddy’s using this link with Code AMY
- Save 20% on Dime Perfume using code AMYR20 with this link.
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey, and heal your body and mind with self-love and compassion. This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.