SHOW NOTES: Episode 27
Are you wanting to change your mindset about your body and weight loss?
Megan Hansen, the founder, and CEO of Metabolism Makeover, joins me today to talk all about healing your metabolism. Metabolism Makeover is a virtual nutrition coaching business with a focus on weight loss and metabolic health. With a community of almost 40 dietitians and over 6500 past and present clients, Megan is dedicated to helping people learn how to eat like “normal people” so that they can lose weight and food anxiety and keep it off for good.
In today’s episode, we talk about how we can approach weight loss in a way that is healthier than the diets we see marketed to us daily by focusing on metabolism and starting to learn how our bodies work.
Megan shares her story of how she came to the realization that metabolic health is so much more important than just physical weight loss, how listening to your body’s cues changes your relationship with your body, and how viewing food as fuel for your body leads to consistency and results.
We chat about flipping the script and understanding that the diets you have tried failed because the diet did not teach you anything about yourself or your body and how equipping yourself with knowledge about your body can start the healing process to alleviate guilt because you’re going to start to realize the diet failure was not your fault. We dive deeper into the six pillars of a healthy metabolism which are blood sugar control, muscle, movement, sleep, stress, and gut health. We talk about the importance of being able to understand how your body is processing the foods that you’re eating, the importance of giving yourself a lot of grace and self-love as you go through the process, and understanding that healing your metabolism is not a quick fix. We also talk about some tangible tips someone can do to help heal their metabolism including figuring out why you want to lose weight, making sure you are getting enough protein because it will raise your metabolic rate, and making sure you are getting enough sleep because the two main hunger and satiety hormones leptin and ghrelin will be thrown off and the lack of sleep will pour into every other area of your life. We also talk about a couple of things that we can do to help alleviate stress including making a list of all the possible stressors in your life and figuring out what you can remove and doing things that can increase your capacity for stress like journaling, breathwork, or meditating.
If you don’t love your body, you will never live in a body that you truly love. Getting to that point that you can separate what your body currently looks like, or your opinions about your body and then deciding I’m going to love it anyway is truly the heart behind Love Your Body Well.
I love how Megan serves people and I’m so glad that she has been able to use her own personal journey to teach others how to have a more compassionate and kind relationship with food and their bodies and really teach them how to love their bodies well. Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- How can we approach weight loss in a way that is healthier than the diets we see marketed to us
- Focusing on metabolism and starting to learn how our bodies work
- Metabolic health is so much more important than just physical weight loss
- How listening to your body’s cues changes your relationship with your body
- How viewing food as fuel for your body leads to consistency and results
- The diets you have tried failed because the diet did not teach you anything about yourself or your body
- How equipping yourself with knowledge about your body can start the healing process to alleviate guilt
- The six pillars of a healthy metabolism are blood sugar control, muscle, movement, sleep, stress, and gut health
- The importance of being able to understand how your body is processing the foods that you’re eating,
- The importance of giving yourself a lot of grace and self-love as you go through the process
- Understanding that healing your metabolism is not a quick fix
- Tangible tips someone can do to help heal their metabolism
- Things that we can do to help alleviate stress
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Megan on her Instagram @megan.the.dietitian and on her website metabolismmakeover.co where you can find more information on her Metabolism Makeover program and preorder the Metabolism Makeover book
- Check out The Surrender Experiment by Michael A. Singer on Amazon
- Sunlighten™ Infrared Saunas — You can save up to $600 by mentioning Love Your Body Well and as a special offer for my Kansas City friends, you can try out Sunlighten™ Day Spa and get 5 sessions at $95 by mentioning me!
- Redmond Real Salt – Use Code AMY for 15% off!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey, and heal your body and mind with self-love and compassion. This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.