SHOW NOTES: Episode 30
Did you know there is another way to approach healthcare?
Today I am chatting with Amanda Morris, NP to talk about functional medicine and the current healthcare system. Amanda is a family nurse practitioner with a passion for root cause individualized holistic medicine. She is devoted to changing the delivery of healthcare by launching a Direct Primary Care (DPC) practice and wants patients and other healthcare providers to know there is another way to approach health outside of an insurance based model.
On today’s episode, Amanda shares her story of how she got started in medicine, how she is fed up with the healthcare system, and how she transitioned from working in traditional medicine to functional medicine.
Amanda and I talk about the importance of realizing there is space for both western and holistic medicines, why you should listen to your intuition when it comes to your body and your health, and why medications should not be the first line of defense because nothing will take the place of lifestyle changes. We also chat about how health is multifaceted and if one area of your health is suffering it will affect different areas in the body.
There is power in knowing how you feel and being willing to speak up and say you don’t feel right. Know it is okay to switch doctors if you feel like you aren’t getting answers with your current doctor.
Joy is in the journey of learning what your body needs. We have to take that power and advocacy back and be willing to stand up and ask questions about your own health and realize there is another way. There are a lot of patterns that we have to break in the diet culture and the health industry. In my opinion, health is wealth and the greatest gift that we have is how we are taking care of our bodies and loving our bodies well.
This was a really enlightening conversation with Amanda. Feel free to reach out to Amanda so she can help you on your own health journey.
Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Functional medicine
- The importance of realizing there is space for both western and holistic medicines
- Why you should listen to your intuition when it comes to your body and your health
- Why medications should not be the first line of defense because nothing will take the place of lifestyle changes
- How health is multifaceted & if one area of your health is suffering it will affect different areas in the body
- How there is power in knowing how you feel
- Being willing to speak up and say you don’t feel right
- Knowing it is okay to switch doctors if you feel like you aren’t getting answers with your current doctor.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Amanda on Instagram @kindacrunchynp and visit her clinic’s website at gilletthealth.com to find out more information.
- Use this link and code LYBW10 for 10% off of your order from RiseWell!
- Sunlighten™ Infrared Saunas — You can save up to $600 by mentioning Love Your Body Well and as a special offer for my Kansas City friends, you can try out Sunlighten™ Day Spa and get 5 sessions at $95 by mentioning me!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey, and heal your body and mind with self-love and compassion. This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.