SHOW NOTES: Episode 58
I have Katie Rössler, LPC on to discuss the concept of hidden grief, especially when it comes to body image. Katie is a burnout and hidden grief specialist with over 15 years of experience, a mom of three, and a business owner.
Grief has traditionally associated with death, but Katie explains that grief is something we all experience as a natural part of life, especially during times or change and transition.
Grief involves letting go of our expectations and accepting how life actually is. Hidden grief is the grief we experience during times of change, transition, and adaptation. Katie compares this process of grief to a caterpillar transforming into a butterfly, with the cocoon phase representing the period of transformation and the emergence of the butterfly symbolizing acceptance and self-love.
She shares more about the societal pressures and conditioning on our beliefs about our bodies. Healing and accepting our bodies involves work.
Katie encourages us to examine our beliefs and challenge the false beliefs that guide us, such as the fear of failure, rejection, punishment, and shame.
We both share more on the importance of recognizing and understanding grief in different areas of our lives. If you have ever wondered if you are experiencing hidden grief, this episode is for you!
Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Explanation of grief as a normal part of life and its association with letting go and accepting reality
- Comparison of the grief process to a caterpillar transforming into a butterfly
- Discussion of societal pressures and conditioning regarding our bodies
- Importance of understanding historical context and grieving the conditioning that shapes our beliefs about our bodies
- Healing and accepting our bodies
- Setting boundaries with others
- Importance of acknowledging and understanding grief in various aspects of our lives
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Katie on her website and check out her free resources here: www.katierossler.com/links! Connect with her on Instagram: @katie.rossler and check out her podcast: The Balance Code Podcast
- FREE audio chapter of Katie’s book: The New Face of Grief
- Get 85% off of PaleoValley Vitamin C!
- JUST INGREDIENTS — Save 20% sitewide using my link HERE!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey, and heal your body and mind with self-love and compassion. This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.