SHOW NOTES: Episode 64
Do you struggle with meal planning? Today’s episode is just for you!
I’ve brought on Ann Kent, Registered Dietitian and the owner of Peas and Hoppiness, to share more about meal planning strategies tailored for hectic family lives!
Meal planning doesn’t have to mean dieting and it doesn’t have to feel stressful. Ann encourages non-diet meal planning to streamline your process and get dinner on the table stress-free.
She shares a three-step process for meal planning:
Step One: Assess Your Week
The first step is to take a look at your weekly schedule and determine how many people you’ll need to feed each day.
Step Two: Decide When and What to Cook
Ann’s second step is to decide not only what to cook but also when to cook. She recommends not cooking every single day.
Step Three: Find Recipes and Meal Ideas
The final step involves finding recipes and meal ideas. Ann suggests using meal planning services or curated recipes to add variety without the stress of endless searching.
The mental load of meal planning can be hard and there is a need for flexibility and grace. It’s so important to find a balance that works for you and your family and to avoid striving for perfection!
Remember, the journey to loving your body well is unique to each of us, and meal planning can be a beautiful part of that journey.
Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Meal planning and wellness for women
- Making mealtime easier for busy families with a non-diet approach
- Personalizing meal plans and finding balance without being a part of diet culture
- Ann’s three-step process for making meal planning easier for busy schedules
- Challenges of meal planning and evolving in different seasons of life
- Importance of fitting meal plans around your life
- Strategies for deciding when and what to cook
- Finding recipes and meal ideas without feeling overwhelmed
- Practical insights and strategies for making meal planning more manageable and less stressful
- Emphasizing the importance of personalization, joy, and balance in nourishing the body and mind
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Ann on Instagram @peasandhoppiness, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, or YouTube! You can also check out her FREE meal planning workshop, FREE meal planning template, or get TWO WEEKS FREE of her Peas & Hoppy Meal Plan HERE!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey, and heal your body and mind with self-love and compassion. This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.