SHOW NOTES: Episode 60
Do you feel like you’re living in a cycle of shame?
I have Alyssa Booth, a licensed professional counselor, on the show to dive into the topic of body shame and its impact on our lives. We explore how societal beauty standards and the influence of social media can contribute to feelings of inadequacy and self-doubt. We discuss the harmful cycle of shame and restrictive eating, and how breaking free from societal expectations is crucial for our well-being.
Shame can be a powerful force that prevents us from showing up authentically. It makes us believe that something is wrong with us and that we need to seek approval and validation from others. This can lead to a cycle of restrictive eating, secret overeating, and feelings of guilt and self-blame.
It’s so important to break free from this cycle and challenge societal norms and expectations. Open and honest conversations about body image and self-acceptance are okay.
So many are silently struggling with these issues and you are not alone.
Alyssa encourages you to seek help and healing, and it’s ok to seek support on your journey towards self-love and body positivity.
Tune in to discover ways to embrace your body with love and acceptance.
Thank you for listening! I would love to connect with you on Instagram (@loveyourbodywell) and hear what you thought about today’s episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Importance of creating a safe space to discuss shame
- Alyssa’s background and focus on eating disorders, anxiety, body image, and trauma
- Importance of hope, support, and community in the healing process
- Negative impact of surrounding yourself with body negativity
- Role of social media in body image and self-acceptance
- Negative impact of societal pressure and dieting at a young age
- Role of shame in preventing authenticity and self-acceptance
- Importance of being true to yourself and not compromising for others
- Practicing self-compassion and validating emotions
- Importance of seeking help and finding healing
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Alyssa on her website heyalyssabooth.com or on Instagram: @alyssabooth_lpc
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- I’d love to connect with you on Instagram: @loveyourbodywell
- Join my email list HERE to stay connected!
MORE ABOUT THE LOVE YOUR BODY WELL PODCAST:
Nourishment from the inside out.
The Love Your Body Well Podcast is a safe place for you to learn about healing your relationship with your body while also focusing on wellness so you can feel your best.
I’m your host, Amy Reinecke, and I’ve made it my mission to empower you to own your journey and embrace the path before you. Wellness is multi-faceted and there are so many areas that create the foundation for overall wellness. As women, too often the number on the scale or the size of our jeans takes precedence, and the truth is, it’s about a lot more than that.
On the Love Your Body Well Podcast you’ll be encouraged to be an advocate for your health, learn to listen and love the skin you’re in, embrace your journey, and heal your body and mind with self-love and compassion. This podcast is for you if you want to take back control of your health and embark on a self love journey to love, cherish and care for the one body you have. Here, you will learn how to love your body well.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, the host or guest of this podcast will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide a diagnosis or replace medical care.